Termite season has officially started here in Murfreesboro TN. As soon as the weather warms up even a bit, termites become active. With our climate, termites are a problem for homeowners most of the year. Because they are such a dangerous pest problem, it’s crucial to learn what you need to do to prevent a termite infestation throughout the spring and summer months.
To help, the termite experts at The Bug Man are here to share all you need to know about termite season in our region. Read on to learn more!
The Start of Termite Season
When the weather breaks, the termites will begin to swarm. Swarming is when the new reproductive termites take flight looking for a new place to call home. The termite swarm will usually occur on a sunny, humid morning. Once the termites have swarmed, they find a mate, and attempt to return to the soil to begin a new life. Most of the swarming termites will die. If they swarm inside a house, they die. When they swarm outside, other predators such as birds, lizards, spiders, and other insects will dine on the termites.
How to Prevent Termites Throughout the Year
Many homeowners ask what they can do to protect their homes. The best way to stay protected against termite problems is to work with a professional termite exterminator. This ensures your home or business is inspected on a yearly basis for termites in order to stop an infestation before it begins. In addition, there are a number of things you can do to make your home less attractive to termites:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home and fix any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
Stop Termites This Year
Spring is the time termites swarm, so now is the time for an inspection! At The Bug Man, we will thoroughly check your home to seek out any vulnerabilities that could lead to a termite problem.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Termite Season is Once Again Knocking at the Door
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee