A pest infestation is one of the last things you want to deal with during the holiday season. The family is gathering, meals are being prepared, gifts are being exchanged, and all of a sudden you have cockroaches scurrying along your baseboards or a mouse running out from under the tree. Many common practices of the holiday season make it easy for all sorts of pests to spread between homes and multiply easily. Looking to learn how to keep pests away in Central TN this holiday season? Read on for advice from The Bug Man’s technicians!
Why Do Pests Spread During the Holiday Season?
Pests are given new opportunities to spread during the holidays that we wouldn’t normally think about. These are the main ways that holiday season pest infestations start:
- With everyone shopping online, pests have all sorts of opportunities to find temporary shelter in packaging and permanent homes where they end up.
- Holiday plants like garlands, wreaths, and trees can all host tons of tiny pests inside them when they’re put out on display.
- Decorations that are left in storage for the vast majority of the year can accumulate large pest populations. When brought out for the holidays, pests living in storage can spread across your home.
3 Ways to Prevent Holiday Season Pests On Your Own
Among all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s important not to let your guard down against pests. Here are our technicians’ top three tips to help you keep pests outbreaks from amassing in your home during the holidays:
- Inspect your firewood for pests before bringing it inside. Keeping your firewood outside and off of the ground is a great way to avoid pest problems indoors.
- Before putting up a tree, wreath, garlands, or other greenery, shake them out outside to see if there are any pests living within them.
- Check the boxes you store your decorations in for evidence of pest problems. This could be scratches, bite marks, droppings, and more.
Holiday Season Pest Protection in Central TN
There’s no time to be stressed out about a pest infestation during the holidays. There is shopping to do, plans to make, and so much more on your plate. Leave the worrying to your local pest control company! When you work with The Bug Man’s technicians, you can expect a full property inspection, necessary extermination work, preventative maintenance, and complete, detailed reports of their work and findings. For a free quote on holiday season pest control, reach out to our team today!