What is rodent exclusion?
Rodent exclusion is the pest control industry’s practice of keeping rats and mice from infesting our homes and businesses. This process involves sealing cracks in and around your building to decrease the chances of rodents getting inside. Rodents are capable of squeezing through tiny holes to get to what they need, so exclusion is the key to stopping them from using your property for resources. These are some of the most effective steps in rodent exclusion:
- Sealing cracks and holes leading into your home
- Installing or replacing door sweeps and weather stripping
- Installing dryer and stove vent covers
- Placing down chimney caps and plumbing caps
How to Conduct Effective Rodent Exclusion
Exclusion is the key to keeping rodents outside where they belong. On top of finding a company to help with professional exclusion services, there are a number of steps you can take every year to protect your property from rodent infestations. These are some effective strategies:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of your foundation to look for cracks and crevices.
- Seal gaps you find with caulk or another sealant.
- Install door sweeps on all doors, including your garage.
- Invest in dryer and stove vents, as well as plumbing and chimney caps.
- Deodorize or replace damaged insulation.
- Close off any entry points to the attic that you find.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Why is Rodent Prevention so Important?
Rodent exclusion is an environmentally friendly rodent control option that works by stopping infestations before they have the chance to start. By preventing rodents to begin with, you eliminate the need for major extermination measures or rodent cleanup services. A rodent infestation can create several dangers for your family or your business, to opting to go forward with rodent exclusion can save you from a lot of stress and health hazards. Exclusion services should be conducted annually in Central TN to ensure that your property is protected from rodents early.
Rodent Exclusion in Central TN
Rodents are some of the most prevalent pests in our region, so it’s important to team up with your local rodent exterminators for routine rodent prevention services. By keeping rodents out, you’ll never have to worry about the negative effects of their presence on your property!
What is Rodent Exclusion?
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee