Whether you have a fear of spiders or not, no one wants uninvited pests breaking into their home. To avoid this problem, it’s important to figure out how you can make your property less attractive to spiders. Knowing the best ways to keep spiders out of your home can ensure spider-free living for you and your family all year long.
At The Bug Man, our team knows how many people fear spiders in their homes. The best form of spider control is preventative action, which is why we’d like to share our most trusted spider prevention tips with you.
Natural Spider Prevention
At The Bug Man, we understand why people want to use all-natural products in their pest prevention efforts. While these won’t allow you to halt an active infestation, some DIY options can keep spiders away, to begin with. Sprinkling a thin layer of diatomaceous earth across the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils can all work as natural spider deterrents. Bear in mind, though, that even if these work to prevent spiders, you should not count on them as your long-term spider control solution.
Need help with Spider Control?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Keep Spiders Out
Avoiding a spider problem in your house entails limiting their access to your indoor areas. Five ways you can lessen the potential of a spider infestation are:
- Keep your living area tidy to avoid attracting the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in high-activity rooms to curb spider activity.
- Mow your grass and trim your plants regularly. Spiders like to hang out in bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
- Before moving them indoors, checkboxes and furniture for spiders or egg sacs.
- Find and close off any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from entering.
How to Prevent Spiders in Central TN Year-Round
Trying to control spiders can overwhelm anyone. If you can’t seem to solve your spider problems, it’s time to contact the professional exterminators at The Bug Man. Our spider prevention experts will perform an exhaustive inspection of your property to find the sources of your spider problems. Contact us today for a free quote!Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Prevent Spiders
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee