The discovery of a rodent infestation in your home or business is something no property owner wants to deal with. Not only are rats and mice mess-makers, but they also bring a plethora of dangers into your property. These pests spread germs and bacteria, and an infestation can be very difficult to get rid of without the help of a professional pest control expert. Bottom line: no one wants to deal with a rat or mouse problem, making it important to know how to recognize the early signs you have a rodent infestation. The main signs include droppings, foul odors, gnaw marks, and odd noises in the walls.
As soon as you spot any of the below signs of a rodent infestation in your home or business, it’s time to contact the experts at The Bug Man for help.
7 Signs of Mice and Rats in Murfreesboro TN
Rodents are not subtle creatures. If you are dealing with an infestation, they’ll leave noticeable signs of their presence behind. It’s important to learn the many signs of rodent infestations to be able to stop a problem from getting worse. The main signs of mice and rats include:
- Foul odors: A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of an active infestation.
- Nests: The shredded paper found in your attic, in boxes or drawers can be a sign of rats or mice making nests in your home.
- Burrows or tunnels: Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots, and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- Unexplained noises: Hearing chewing, scratching, or gnawing sounds in the attic or in your walls is a big indicator of rats and mice.
- Gnaw marks: If you check your food pantry and notice packages with little holes or gnaw marks, rats or mice have been eating your food.
- Feces: Rodent droppings are odorous and can cause a safety hazard. This is the most telling rodent infestation sign!
- Runways or tracks: Rats and mice might leave tracks along the floor. Try spreading some talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to track possible paw prints.
Need a Rodent Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Noticing Signs of Rodents in Your Murfreesboro TN Home?
As soon as you suspect a rodent problem in your home or business, it’s time to call in the experts. Mice in particular are infamous for breeding at a rapid rate, giving them the capability of quickly spreading. Because of the reproduction rate and the destruction they cause, it’s absolutely essential to get help as soon as you notice the signs of a rodent infestation. Trying to get rid of the problem yourself isn’t a reliable or safe solution.
Inspections for Rodent Infestations
If you think you have a rat or mouse problem, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional. At The Bug Man, we know how to thoroughly inspect your property to find rats or mice, as well as determine what may be the sources of the infestation. For a free quote or more information on mice infestation signs, contact our team today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators
Signs You Have a Rodent Infestation
Trusted Pest Control Serving Murfreesboro TN
Serving Central Tennessee