To avoid dealing with a rodent infestation, it’s important to learn how to prevent rats and mice in the first place. Rodents can be destructive, messy, and very dangerous. Some types of rats and mice are able to carry and transmit a number of diseases, and their droppings can pose a health hazard. The best form of rodent control is prevention, making it crucial to learn how you can make your property less attractive to these pests.
Keep reading for top tips from The Bug Man about how to keep rodents out of your home for good.
5 Tips for Rat-Proofing Your Central TN Home
The best rodent prevention is simply to stay on top of keeping a clean and orderly property. Our top tips for rat-proofing your home include:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home, using caulk, steel wool, expanding-foam insulation, or another product.
- Always store food in airtight containers and keep tight lids on garbage cans.
- Avoid extra moisture in your basements, attics, and crawl spaces. Store all items in these areas in plastic bins and keep the space tidy.
- Install screens over vents and chimney openings. Repair damaged screens on doors and windows.
- Work with a professional rodent exterminator. A professional can locate all vulnerabilities to rodents and perform regular inspections.
Need a Rodent Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How Do Rodents Get Inside?
For the best rodent prevention, it’s important to understand how they got inside in the first place. Similar to other pests, rats and mice are compelled to get indoors in search of food and shelter. They will find their way in through small cracks, holes, or in openings where pipes and wires are fed indoors. Rodents are commonly found in walls, attics, basements, and other dark, cluttered areas of the property. Due to the fact that rodents can so easily squeeze their way inside, it’s important to implement rat-proofing into your normal routine.
Professional Rats and Mice Prevention
If you are struggling to prevent rodent problems in your Central TN home or business, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional rat or mouse exterminator. The experts at The Bug Man know how to keep rodents out of your home for good. To learn more about or get a free quote on our rodent prevention services, contact us today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators
Keep Rodents Out of Your Home
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee