Mosquitoes are infamous for their bites. Chances are, you or someone you know is prone to getting bit by these pests. Regardless, it’s important to learn how to prevent mosquito bites from occurring in the first place. Mosquito bites usually heal in just a few days, but the symptoms involved can be a nuisance to deal with. More infamously, mosquitoes can transmit dangerous diseases with their bites. While this is rare here in Central TN, it’s still important to learn how to prevent bites on you and your family.
At The Bug Man, we are committed to keeping our customers safe from mosquitoes. Keep reading to learn all you need to know about mosquito bite prevention and treatment.
3 Mosquito Prevention Tips
In the spring in summer, it’s crucial to learn how to safeguard yourself against mosquitoes. Our top three mosquito prevention tips are:
- Schedule outdoor activities at times when mosquitoes are less active. Dawn and dusk are when they’re most active.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants when spending time outside.
- Apply an EPA-registered insect repellent to exposed skin and clothes. Talk to your pediatrician before use on children.
Need a Mosquito Treatment Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Treat Mosquito Bites
Almost always, mosquito bites will heal in just a few days.
To help with the healing process, there are a few things you should do:
After you are bitten, wash the bite in cold water and use mild soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream if the itching is painful.
- Avoid scratching the site of the bite. This will irritate the skin and may hinder the healing process.
- In the rare case, you develop any unexpected symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, always consult a medical professional.
Mosquito Bite Prevention & Protection
Although the diseases they spread are not common here in Central TN, it’s important to learn about mosquito bite prevention. No one should have to worry about being bitten by a mosquito every time they go in their yard, which is why it’s important to prevent these insects from invading your property in the first place. The mosquito exterminators at The Bug Man are dedicated to keeping you and your family safe from mosquitoes year-round. Contact us today to learn more!Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee