The best way to avoid dealing with the pain of fleas and ticks is to learn how to prevent them in the first place. In addition to flea & tick prevention for your pets, it’s also important to implement other pest prevention tactics to prevent the pests that carry fleas or ticks. Some of the common ways to get rid of an infestation include cleaning your home and taking your pets to the vet.
To prevent fleas and ticks in your home, keep reading for The Bug Man‘s top tips and tricks here in Murfreesboro TN.
Top Tips to Prevent Fleas & Ticks
These pests are often an unexpected problem for many. Thankfully, they can be easily prevented with a number of precautions. To prevent fleas & ticks, try these common tips:
- Wear protective clothing: When venturing into areas with a lot of vegetation or tall grass, make sure to keep bare skin to a minimum to avoid ticks.
- Use insect repellent: On areas of the skin that are still exposed, it’s recommended to use an insect spray containing at least 20% DEET, as it can help deter ticks. Apply as directed by the manufacturer.
- Maintain a tidy yard: Ticks and fleas love to seek shelter in areas with a lot of vegetation, even in your own backyard. Trim your grass, prune your shrubs and bushes, and remove piles of wood or other debris to keep parasitic insects away.
- Be cautious when hiking: If you’re walking or hiking in wooded areas or spots with a lot of vegetation, try to stay in the center of the trail. Avoid stepping through areas of tall grass or unkempt vegetation, where ticks could be hiding.
- Prevent nuisance wildlife: Raccoons, opossums, deer, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, and skunks can all carry fleas or ticks and deposit flea eggs and larvae into your yard.
Need a Flea or Tick Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Keep Fleas & Ticks Out of Your Property
To keep your home, family, and pets safe from parasitic insects, it’s important to learn what you can do to prevent fleas and ticks from getting inside:
- Take your pets to your veterinarian. Flea control products can safeguard your cats and dogs from fleas, which will effectively keep them out of your home!
- Wash all bedding frequently. If you suspect a flea may have gotten inside your property, run your pet’s bedding, laundry, sheets, and more through a hot wash.
- Clean and vacuum thoroughly. Vacuum all areas of the home including upholstery. Carefully dispose of vacuum bags.
Protection Against Fleas & Ticks in Murfreesboro TN
If you have fleas or ticks in your home, it can be very distressing for your entire family. This makes it important to learn how to prevent fleas & ticks in the first place. For help or advice on keeping these parasitic insects away, contact the experts at The Bug Man today to get started.Back to Flea and Tick Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Prevent Fleas & Ticks
Trusted Pest Control Serving Murfreesboro TN
Serving Central Tennessee