If you’ve dealt with cockroaches before, you know what a nightmare they can be. Not only are cockroaches gross to look at, but they can also bring a plethora of problems into your home. However, cockroaches are rarely seen during the day as they are primarily nocturnal insects. For this reason, it’s important to know how to recognize the signs of an infestation. The top three signs of roaches include foul odors, droppings, and egg cases or skins.
Bottom line: seeing a single cockroach in your home or business is a sign you already have cockroaches in your Central TN home of business. Seeing any of these signs of roaches means it’s time to contact your local cockroach exterminators.
Top Signs of Cockroaches in Central TN
Think you have roaches but haven’t come across any live insects yet? Any of the following signs of cockroaches would indicate you indeed have a cockroach problem on your hands:
- Foul odors. Certain roach species are known to emit a musty, unpleasant odor that lingers and gets more pungent with more roaches.
- Egg cases or skins. Oothecae are brown casings that house up to 50 eggs and can be found before or after the eggs hatch in serious infestations. Roach skins are often seen where cockroaches are taking up shelter.
- Droppings. Resembling anything from tiny pepper specks to miniature pellets, a large amount of feces is a clear indicator of a cockroach infestation.
Need a Cockroach Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Do You Have a Cockroach Infestation?
Cockroaches are unique pests that prefer to hide away from the sight of humans. When trying to determine if you have a cockroach problem, it’s important to know the common behaviors of roaches:
- Roaches are nocturnal insects, which is why they scatter off toward dark corners when you turn on a light. They prefer dark, moist environments and avoid daylight.
- Cockroaches are infamous for their survival skills, and they can survive on a versatile diet. They will eat garbage, wallpaper paste, paper, bookbinding materials, and other organic materials.
- Roaches prefer to dwell in small, dark areas of a property. They’ll hide under the sink, in the walls, behind appliances, and even within cracks in the floor.
What to Do After Noticing the Signs of Roaches
As soon as you spot a single cockroach or a sign of their activity, it’s time to contact your local cockroach exterminators. It’s important to ensure you get a thorough inspection of your home or business so that an expert can pinpoint the signs of a cockroach infestation. To learn more, contact our team of cockroach experts today!Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee