With tens of thousands of known beetle species in the United States alone, it’s hard to anticipate what kind of beetle problem you might encounter in your home or commercial building. Different kinds of beetles come with their own preferences and destructive habits, so it’s important to ask pest control experts like those at The Bug Man about what you can do to prevent them.
Our beetle exterminators at The Bug Man are trained to identify all of the many beetles that run rampant in Central TN and help you prepare your home to prevent them throughout the year.
What Do Beetles Eat?
Learning about what beetles like to eat will help you identify areas on your property that might be vulnerable to a beetle infestation. Unfortunately, given how many kinds of beetles there are, there isn’t much organic material that doesn’t sound delicious to some beetle species. Here are some common beetle foods:
- Stems, leaves, wood, seeds, and roots
- Fruits and vegetables
- Grubs, worms, flies, and maggots
- Decaying animal matter and waste
- Fungal matter, and much more
As you can see, it is nearly impossible to avoid having things that beetles might eat in your vicinity.
Need a Beetle Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How Can I Prevent Beetles?
What, then, can you possibly do? There are a few ways to try to prevent beetles on your own before seeking help. You might try:
- Eliminating their food sources. If you have insects like grubs living in your lawn, they could end up as beetle food, resulting in a beetle outbreak on your property. Applying an EPA-approved insecticide could solve your problem.
- Getting rid of moisture. Water is a necessity for all living things, so eliminating moisture in your house will lessen the chances of beetles and insects that they feed on from wanting to live there. Keep your house properly ventilated and clean up your spills.
- Monitoring your garden. If you have noticed beetles taking a liking to a certain plant in your garden, you may have to remove the plant, or you could try installing floating row covers to stop them from getting in in the first place.
- Calling your local pest control company. If you have had beetle problems in the past and want to ensure that they don’t return, trust in the experts at The Bug Man to assess your home for vulnerabilities that might lead to a beetle infestation.
Professional Beetle Control in Central TN
If you’re looking for help keeping beetles out of your home or business this year, the beetle control experts at The Bug Man have your back. We always keep up to date with the latest and most environmentally responsible methods of pest control, keeping your home free of beetles and your family, pets, and garden safe. For a free quote, contact us today!Back to Beetle Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Prevent Beetles in Central Tennessee
Serving Central Tennessee