The thought of having bed bugs makes everyone uncomfortable. To avoid dealing with a bed bug infestation, it’s important to protect your property and family from them year-round. Even the tidiest homes can see infestations. Thankfully, there are some techniques you can use to successfully prevent bed bugs.
Keep reading for The Bug Man’s best tricks to keep bed bugs off of your Central TN property.
Keeping Bed Bugs Away in 6 Steps
In addition to regularly cleaning your home, there are several steps to take to lessen the risk of getting a bed bug infestation:
- Recognize signs of bed bugs. These insects generate dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery, along with pale, yellow eggshells from their young. Typically, bed bug bites are red, itchy, and laid out in rows or zigzags.
- Be wary of used items. Transporting used goods into your home often leads to the spread of bed bugs. Always give any used item a complete inspection before bringing it inside.
- Cover your power outlets. As weird as it seems, bed bugs can make great use of power outlets as hiding spaces. Place an outlet plug over your outlets to keep them away.
- Use vacuum-sealed bags. These help to provide a barrier between your clothes and bed bugs searching for a home.
- Put on a mattress cover. By covering your mattress with a protector that is resistant to rips and holes, you can keep bed bugs out of your bed.
- Be cautious while traveling. Bed bug infestations commonly spurred when the bugs are relocated from a vacation spot via clothes or luggage.
Need a Bed Bug Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Lasting Bed Bug Prevention
It can be very concerning to find out you have a bed bug infestation. You’ll likely struggle to figure out how they got there in the first place! Unfortunately, bed bugs can spread extremely easily. As soon as you believe you have a bed bug issue, have your local bed bug exterminators inspect your home. By staying on the lookout for indicators, you can prevent a bed bug infestation on your own!
The Bug Man‘s Bed Bug Solution
If you’ve done everything you can think of to safeguard your home against bed bugs to no avail, it’s time to let a professional bed bug exterminator know. Bed bugs are great hiders and better spreaders, but The Bug Man can stop your infestation from getting worse and prevent them from coming back again. To learn more about our bed bug prevention and control services, contact us today!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Prevent Bed Bugs
Trusted Pest Control Serving Central TN
Serving Central Tennessee